Running a successful business requires more than excellent products and customer service. By providing valuable information to customers, your website can become the central feature of your digital marketing strategy. A top-performing website can help you establish your brand and inspire trust in prospective customers.
Here are just some of the ways smart website development can improve your digital marketing ROI:
- Treat your website like the top marketing asset it is: Many users look for local businesses on their phones or computer. This has become the main way to find products and services, beating out word of mouth from friends and neighbours.
- Build a site that will leave your competitors in the dust: The old axiom that you shouldn’t do something just because everyone else does generally is good advice. However, that’s not true in the world of digital marketing. Not only does your website have to represent your business, but it also must beat the competitor’s website in terms of utility to prospective clients.
- Follow the rules of conversion architecture: Convert more visitors through superior engagement. Conversion architecture includes clear targets and goals for visitors and uses proven techniques to improve the conversion of leads to buying customers. The primary goal is to use every element on the page to persuade users to follow clear calls to action.
- Invest in web design tools that boost your brand credibility: Investing in efficient web design tools can help you optimize performance on your website. For example, using templates can give your website a consistent look and improve navigation on the page.
- Adopt website development practices that generate more leads: Organic traffic is not dead. You can still expand your market by creating a killer website that draws in B2B or B2C clients.
Having a social media presence complements your website but does not replace it. The reach of social media declines quickly as new posts swamp Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. On the other hand, your website allows you to quickly reach clients looking for on-trend information. Treat your site as a customer service vehicle. With answers to frequently asked questions, you can engage with clients online around the clock without spending a dime on additional staffing.
Digital Marketing Checklist for Website Development
Conduct frequent audits of your website using the following guidelines:
- Ensure landing pages have high-quality copy, images, and web design. This includes intuitive navigation with easy to find menus, buttons, and links.
- Optimize your website design for mobile users by simplifying page layouts, increasing the font size, and ensuring quick load times.
- Inspire confidence in website security with safe checkout tools, HTTPS addresses, and adding BBB and other consumer review ratings.
- Follow best practices for metadata and SEO tracking.
Develop Collaborative Relationships within Your Organization
You can supercharge leads and increase conversions by creating action plans to ensure that you adhere to sound digital marketing practices in your website design. Your marketing team should supply competitor research to help you define your messaging on your website. By developing a collaborative relationship with sales, you can identify true customer pain points and address them in your web content management.
By creating a digital content marketing road map, you can ensure that you have high-quality content streaming in from various resources. This, accompanied by a digital marketing strategy that generates quality leads, can ensure that your website gets the traffic needed to increase conversions.
For expert guidance on website development that helps your website live its best marketing life, contact WSI eStrategies in Ottawa today. We can audit your existing site to ensure that it aligns with your digital marketing goals and execute the necessary changes to convert more visitors into customers.