It’s no secret that people retain more information when they see it rather than read it. This theory has never more applicable than in marketing, especially in the digital age. It is easier than ever to embed videos on our websites, social media posts and e-mails. It is the ideal medium if you wish to present engaging information to your audience, which is also much easier for them to absorb and retain than with traditional print content. If you’re not yet using video as part of your marketing mix, here are some compelling reasons why you should start now!
Why Video is an Ideal Marketing Tool
In a survey performed by Invodo, 70% of marketers reported that video converts better than any other content type. They also found that 65% of viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video. Wouldn’t you love if all of your content was consumed at this rate? With the rise of mobile, more and more consumers use their devices to search for products and services before they make a purchase. A mobile user is more apt to watch a video, which in return gives you an opportunity to get their attention since they can watch it anytime, anywhere. When it comes to search, videos stand out in the SERP’s (Search Engine Result Pages), on your website and in social media. It grabs the audience attention and pulls them in because let’s face it, who can resist a great video!
How to Use Video in Your Marketing
Videos can be used in a variety of ways as a part of your marketing strategy. As 2015 continues, video will become more and more popular and integral for all content. YouTube was once the only site to place your video. While it is still a viable option, more and more businesses are placing videos on their own sites. Videos also allow you to present a more compelling call-to-action. Your audience will respond better to something that they see rather than just read.
Here are some tips on how to use video for your business:
- How-to’s, tips and tricks
- Customer testimonials
- Product launches
- Product demonstrations
Still not convinced, check out the top 15 Video Marketing Stats for 2015:
- 59% of viewers will watch a video to completion that is less than one minute. – Wistia
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. – Invodo
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video. – Forbes
(39% have called a vendor after watching a video)
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium. – MarketingProfs
- When marketers included a video in an email, the click-through rate increased by 200% – 300% – Forrester
- The average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video. – Mist Media
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute. – YouTube
(That’s a lot of cat videos!)
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. – comScore
- Visitors who view videos stay on web sites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who don’t view videos – comScore
- 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. – Forbes Insight
- Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more. – ReelSEO
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80% – Unbounce
- Mobile makes up almost 40% of global watch time on YouTube. – YouTube
(6 billion hours of video are watched monthly on YouTube)
- 8 Million Words is the value of one minute of video. – Dr. James McQuivey, Forrester
- Only 24% of brands are using online video to market to consumers. – Kantar Media
Video Marketing Analytics
Tracking the process of your videos has progressed immensely over the years. In the past, a video would go up and businesses would have no way of measuring its success. In 2015, marketers can receive detailed analytics of each video they post. The analytics detail who is watching, how long they’re watching and if they engage with the video. This allows businesses to get accurate measurements on how the video is contributing to the goals of the company. It’s vital to play close attention to these metrics to make any adjustments along the way.
Content and Mobile is Still King
Video is the best medium for storytelling and for building personal relationships with your customers. Audiences react positively when they see the human side of your business. Use your videos to educate your customers about what you do and what you can offer but do so in an entertaining and engaging way.
If you are interested in creating a Video Strategy for your business, contact the Video Marketing Experts @ WSI eStrategies today.