In today’s business landscape, a strong online presence is crucial for success. To achieve this, you need a clear roadmap – a digital marketing blueprint – that takes into account your business, your industry, your market, your competition and more. It’s essential to conduct thorough research before defining your business and marketing goals, setting financial expectations, and identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure your progress. With a solid plan in place, you can confidently take steps towards building a brand that stands out online. As trusted experts in online marketing, we can help you build a blueprint that translates into measurable value for your business.
Q: What is a digital marketing blueprint – and why do you need one?
A digital marketing blueprint is the first step in the digital marketing journey for any business and is a detailed business plan for company websites, social media pages and other online marketing assets. It is more than just a strategy document; it is a framework for growth and success that helps business owners execute all their business goals. Recognized as a leader among digital marketing companies WSI helps businesses create personalized digital marketing blueprints that reflect your short- and long-term business goals.
So why does your business need a digital marketing blueprint? To determine what digital marketing campaigns will help your business…
- Attract quality leads
- Achieve more sales conversions
- Engage customers through positive, interactive experiences
- Improve ROI
- Create brand awareness and boost your brand’s reputation
- Garner greater loyalty that translates into business growth
Q: What are the important starter elements of a digital marketing blueprint?
To get started, it’s important to:
- Determine what you want each digital marketing asset to achieve – what do you want the customer to do next? What is the desired call to action? Do you want them to subscribe to your newsletter, download a case study or book a consultation?
- Determine who your target audience is – build target buyer persona profiles that reflect the results of your research. Identifying your customers will allow you to craft strategic marketing messages that resonate, improve user experience. and build trust.
- Develop clear, compelling calls-to-action (CTAs) for every digital marketing initiative – emphasize your company’s value to drive home the message that your business provides the ideal solutions to customer problems.
Q: Can I adjust my digital marketing blueprint later?
Yes! In fact, we highly recommend taking the time to review your blueprint a few times a year. A key driver to ongoing success is reworking the parts of your plan that need improvement and doing ongoing research to ensure your business is staying relevant with current trends and technology updates.
Q: How important is the role of research in developing an effective digital marketing blueprint?
Research is the key to building a digital marketing blueprint. It will form the foundation for everything else you do.
- Market research, on an ongoing basis, will make sure that you are always getting to know your audience better. After all, the ultimate goal of digital marketing is to deliver an impeccable user experience above all else.
- Competitor research will enable you to better identify your unique selling points and what sets you apart from the rest.
- Keeping up to date with Google search trends and search rankings will ensure that you are never out of the loop and remain relevant to your audience.
- Keyword research is especially important for boosting your conversion rate and ranking your business higher on Google. Researching both specific and non-specific keyword modifiers will help you to understand how people are searching for the product or service you provide and how your business can become part of that search.
Q: Does website design and layout really matter?
The short answer is yes! You want a website that is captivating, easy to navigate and resonates with your target audience in an engaging, interactive manner. Clear, compelling navigation will help persuade a potential customer to stay on and explore the website. On the other hand, a website that is clunky, slow, and hard to work through can cause a customer to click away and potentially never return to your site again, or worse, visit your competitor’s website instead. Working with a digital marketing agency that has a proven track record of success with web design and development can assure you have a website that attracts, performs, retains, refers, and converts!
Q: How can I take advantage of conversion elements to gain traction for my business?
Using an analytics platform can help you visualize which digital marketing initiatives are producing the most conversions. Conversions reveal data-driven insights and metrics that help you to better understand your user audience. When you know what grabs your audience’s attention, you can make the necessary adjustments to improve user experience as well as improve your product or service.
Conversions occur on two different levels:
- Micro Conversions happen when a step towards the end goal is achieved. This means that the customer has interacted with content but has not yet committed to a sale, such as subscribing to a newsletter, watching a product video, or downloading a case study.
- Macro Conversions arise when the end goal itself is achieved, either through a sale, filled contact form, or another desired result.
Both levels of conversions are valuable and needed to build trust and loyalty. As a leader in online marketing WSI has the expertise to help your business create digital initiatives that boost both micro and macro conversion rates.
Q: Is SEO just a buzzword or will it really boost my website traffic?
A carefully crafted SEO strategy can be the difference between gaining a new customer and losing a sale. Customers don’t want to have to jump through hoops to find the answer they are searching for. Using relevant keywords and optimizing your website with quality title tags, meta description tags, and header tags makes your website easier to find. You also want your website to feature high quality SEO content such as a company blog, a newsletter, email newsletters, or case studies to provide users with valuable answers to their problems. Companies that specialize in digital marketing can provide valuable SEO insight and tactics that will help you attract customers to your website.
Q: What are 3 differences between a quality website and a mediocre one?
- Easy to use features: A good shopping cart software for seamless and convenient transactions is an essential investment for an e-commerce website. Technical issues or bugs during the checkout process can lead to abandoned shopping carts! Live chat systems for quick support can provide customers with the assistance they need to stay on your site and complete a buying action.
- SSL certificate: Businesses are more likely to be seen as trustworthy when they have an SSL certificate and tend to rank higher on Google. It also adds a layer of trust and protection for both the business and the customer.
- A combination of gated and ungated content: Gated content may require an email or contact information for access and is used to generate interest in an email marketing campaign. These campaigns are important because they take a more personal approach where the customer is made to feel special; they are sent exclusive offers, discounts, customized demos, etc.
Q: Now, You’ve Completed Your Digital Marketing Blueprint, So What’s Next?
A digital marketing blueprint helps business owners not only establish an online presence but become an online authority. Creating a clear, well-defined online marketing plan that translates into actionable steps will help your business maximize website traffic and experience your highest returns yet.
Contact WSI Ottawa to find out how we can help you get started. We’ll work with you to craft a digital marketing blueprint that will steer your business through a competitive market and deliver the best customer experience.