Social media is a big buzz in the marketing world. Marketers were hesitant at first to take part in online marketing, unsure of what it could really do. As the years have gone by, they see it as the powerful marketing tool it is and what a necessity it’s become for business. Getting started can be intimidating, especially with all the online platforms available these days. However, if you’re not participating in social media, you are missing out on a lot of potential sales. It’s a relatively easy and cost-effective way to connect with your customer base.

Benefits of Social Media Marketing

Why Use Social Media?

Social media is the best way to connect with your potential and existing customers. Unlike traditional marketing, it’s done in real-time and can be altered instantly. It is the ideal tool for building brand awareness and relationships with your audience. Social media provides the tools to communicate with your customers and get valuable feedback. Through social media you can get and give instant feedback to customer service inquiries, problems and comments. Social media is also a way to establish your business as an industry leader and resource by providing valuable content such as: tips, how-to’s and advice. With the right content, it will even increase your search engine rankings. Who doesn’t want to be higher on a Google search?

How to Choose the Right Platforms

Once you’ve decided to start using social media, you don’t want to just jump in without a plan. There are lots of online platforms to choose from and it’s important that you are the right ones to reach your audience. The first step is clearly defining your goals. Do you want to increase brand awareness, boost sales or promote new products? Determining this can steer you towards where you need to concentrate your efforts. You don’t need to be on every platform, that’s overkill. Start with a few that fit your needs and post regularly.

Content is Everything

As with all marketing efforts, what you put out there is of most importance. With social media, audiences are actively seeking you out for information. Provide them with content that answers their needs and gives them relevant information. The content shouldn’t be all salesy, which will quickly turn customers away. A good rule is 70% should be useful information like tips, coupons and how-to’s. The other 30% is the sales pitch. Content needs to be more than words too. Social media is a very visual marketing tool. Use great photos and videos. Don’t just show pictures of your product, show it being used or with customers. Keep it interesting and intriguing.

Social Media is Powerful

Social media is here to stay and with the future showing it’s only going to become powerful. To boost sales it’s imperative that your business take advantage of this marketing tool. With a captive audience, that is actively seeking you, all you need to do is provide valuable content and sales will increase. If you need help developing your online marketing approach, Contact Us we’ll devise a marketing strategy for you.